Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Onward.....

I've had a bit of an unwell spell (don't you always realise how under rated feeling normal is at times like these), anyway onward and upward this week as I am in a much better state of health......

This week my little people returned to school leaving me and lovely Clover at home with a tiny bit more spare time up our sleeves. And just in the nick of time too, my custom made order for Ruby Ruin is due latter this month. So time to get stuck in.....well time to work in moderation everyday till completion (nothing like chipping away consistently)!!


We  needed to match our fabric and lace with the pictured feather. We did rather well with the limited selection available, finding a very pretty antique lace and pearlized satin crepe.


Yesterday I stabilised the crepe with double sided fusing and canvas, creating a more heavy weight fashion fabric which will counteract stretching and wrinkles.


Cutting out all the pieces is actually a reasonably big job, due to all the layers - so that makes 36 individual pieces for the corset and 27 for the collar made up in this instance of the fashion fabric/canvas, lace overlay and lining.


*Next will be making a start on the the lace overlay which needs to be hand tacked on to each individual pattern piece so that it doesn't flap around once I start sewing it together.

2 comments:

Ruth @ Camellia Rose said...

Oooh pretty! Looking forward to seeing this one in progress! xxx

Abbey said...

yeah me too....it's not a colour I work in usually - but have to say I'm loving it!! The pretty girly side of me is really starting to come out lol!!